Sunday, 26 June 2011

TWO WOUNDED BIRDS PLAY GLASTO!

Margate indie band Two Wounded Birds played the BBC Introducing Stage at Glastonbury Festival 2011 this afternoon. Check out the video:



I've seen Two Wounded Birds play twice before and I would jump happily at the chance to see them play again. They're definitely going places. The Margate surf quartet got interviewed by BBC News recently about their first ever Glasto appearance, describing their lo-fi musical style as follows:

"We are a rock and roll band. We are inspired by our interpretation of a romantic bygone era, and that includes bands such as The Beach Boys, The Doors and girl groups like The Cookies and The Ronettes."

Not a bad set of influences, won't you agree? It looks to me like Two Wounded Birds are well on the way to putting Margate on the map and I'm really looking forward to their debut album. I believe the lead singer Johnny Danger travelled to LA to meet music producer Andy Paley (Brian Wilson, Jerry Lee Lewis, Jonathan Richman), so I'd be totally stoked if Paley helmed the production desks for Two Wounded Birds's first LP. That'd rock my world.
Image from http://on.fb.me/qIn1o9
I genuinely feel Two Wounded Birds have exactly what it takes to spearhead something of a '50s and '60s-inspired rock 'n' roll revival in the indie music scene, something which I think is sorely needed, so the fact that they're a local band is even more earth-shattering to me. I really recommend you check them out on their MySpace page, if you haven't already.

Here's the setlist Two Wounded Birds played at Glastonbury, according to songkick.com:
  1. Summer Dream
  2. All I Wanna Do
  3. To Be Young
  4. Night Patrol
  5. Midnight Wave
  6. It's Not Up To You
  7. My Lonesome
  8. Together Forever

No comments:

Post a Comment