Wednesday, 2 March 2011

CRISPS? CRIPES!

Image from http://bit.ly/nUj4QX.
Tomorrow is the day that Quex Foods – based in Birchington – are launching their own range of crisps using potatoes grown here in Thanet. I doubt I'll be able to grab a packet myself, but with three flavours on offer – Sea Salt, Oyster & Vinegar, and Ashmore Cheese & Onion – I'm certainly interested to find out how they taste. If anybody reading this blog tries them before I do, I'd be very interested to know you think. Surely they can't be as bad as those awful Chilli 'n' Chocolate-flavoured crisps that Walkers made with the help of TV chef Heston Blumenthal.

I don't know about you, but I think it’s quite exciting that Thanet now has its very own range of crisps. Will they be rivaling the likes of the Real McCoys before we know it? You never know. Maybe we should poach Gary Lineker away from Walkers to advertise them for us on TV. Nah, that’s just being silly. Former Manchester United footballer Gary Pallister would be a more fitting choice, since he was born in Ramsgate and originally and originally came from the Kent Coast.

In any case, I think we can all agree that if these crisps end up being successful,then it looks like it’s crunch time for Thanet. Boom boom!

1 comment:

  1. The good thing is that the potatoes are local, the company is local, they are made locally, but they are getting press coverage nationally, so hopefully this will be a success.

    It's a good example for businesses not to rest on their laurels, not to recede and blame the 'financial crisis' but to expand and invest and show confidence in themselves.

    ReplyDelete