Thursday, 19 November 2009

YOU SAW IT HERE FIRST, FOLKS

I've just realized that the headline on the front page of this week's Thanet Times said 'Dreamland Come True' (see picture). Obviously, this refers to the government's whopping £3.7 million cash injection to support the revival of the Dreamland theme park. However, you might remember, I broached this subject in my blog post on Monday, the day before Thanet Times went to press, and I opted to choose a remarkably similar headline. I called it Dreamland Come True?

Apart from the question mark, it looks as though me and Richard Spillett - the journalist covering the Dreamland story at the Thanet Times - are quite clearly on the same page, so to speak. I know it's hardly Sun-esque in its witty punnery (i.e. How Do You Solve a Problem like Korea?, etc.), but it still feels like my intellectual property rights have been violated. I'm jesting really, I don't mind. After all, he is getting paid for it, and I am not, so it's fair game. Touchet, Mr. Spillett.

Just don't forget that you saw it here first, okay? I snagged that damn headline before that crafty blaggard got hold of it. Mwah ha ha. Nah, it's probably just a coincidence if I'm honest. But still, don't be a mug like me and spend 50p buying a Thanet Times from the local corner shop next week. I neglected to remember that since it merged with the Adscene recently it's available for free at some establishments, so don't foolishly waste yer money on the bloody thing like I did. Think of all the pick 'n' mix I could've got with that 50p! Oh wait, hang on a minute, Woolworths is closed isn't it? Oh dear. What a shame.

5 comments:

  1. Biggles on ThanetStrife got hold of that story on Fri 13th, i think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you by any chance have the winning numbers for tomorrows national lottery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 16:55 - I'm not pretending to have got hold of the Dreamland story first. Unfortunately I'm not that ahead of the curve. All I was saying is that I came up with the 'Dreamland Come True' headline first. Hardly imaginative, I know, but in my view neither was Enid Blyton and all that Timmy the dog nonsense.

    Tony, let me just gaze into my crystal ball... Tomorrow's lotto numbers will be 3, 8, 11, 24, 27 and 41.

    If I'm right, I want 50% of your winnings. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The numbers for the lotto were:
    9, 24, 30, 32, 36, 40 (Bonus Ball:35)

    .... so what's 50% of zero?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, obviously I'm not as psychic as I thought I was. Mind you, I'd have been pretty damn annoyed if those numbers had been correct, 'cos I didn't even buy a lottery ticket.

    ReplyDelete