Wednesday, 23 September 2009

HIGH AS A KITE

I've been sent some photos of the Big Sky International Kite Festival from the weekend, so being the wonderful kind of guy that I am, I thought I'd share 'em with you. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to witness the festival myself as I was out of town, but judging from the photos I've seen, it looked like it was a fantastic event. I really wish I could've made it and sincerely hope it'll make another appearance next year because I - for one - am quite hacked off I missed it.

From what I've been told, lots of weird and wacky kites were in abundance. I think there was even a giant penguin too. Then again, I wasn't there, so what do I know about it?! I'm only going by gossip and hearsay. But the photos do look amazing - truly, the Big Sky International Kite Festival looked an event to cheer up even the most miserable and dour of old souls. I mean, we all need a bit of silliness in our lives occasionally, so I applaud the organizers and would definitely like them to arrange a follow-up event at some point in the near future.

I should also mention that Tony Flaig of Big News Margate posted some excellent photos of this event this weekend, evidently much quicker off the mark than me, and his post is definitely worth a look. It's really nice to have events such as these gracing our shores, don't you think? Let's hope it's the first of many, eh? Fantastic stuff. Please feel welcome to post your own pictures of the event in my comments page, if you have any. I'd certainly love to see more.

No comments:

Post a Comment